Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Greta Muirhead - District Court Judge, Family Division, Dept I

Greta Muirhead recently left a comment on this blog stating;

I have several friends who homeschool their children. So long as they have the
necessary skill set, I think they should be free to do so.


I questioned her through email, asking the following;

Can you please explain what you mean by "necessary skill set"?


This was her reply;

1) Patience is the most important attribute, in my opinion.
2) Organization;
3) Discipline to ensure that the work gets done;
4) The ability to read and write;
5) The ability to teach their children about technology
6) Resourcefulness;
7) Actively looks for and encourages socialization opportunities for their
children
Thank you for letting me share my opinion.


When I questioned her further on these comments and whether she agrees that as Family Court Judge she has no jurisdiction on whether or not or how a family chooses to homeschool as described by the law, she had no response.

*IMO* I do not see her as understanding homeschooling, the law pertaining to it or her role as judge (to interpret that law). Please use this information in making your own choice for Dept I.

No comments: