Friday, May 30, 2008

Chuck Hoskin for Clark County Family Court Judge

In light of recent Family Court Judge's decisions in regards to homeschooling, I thought it would be important to evaluate what potential judge's thought on the matter. I started with Chuck Hoskin, as recommended by a friend of our family.

I (anonymously) asked him whether or not he supports parental choice in regards to education. His first clarification - that this issue does not fall in his realm of practice - is a good sign! Here is his full answer:

...As for your question concerning a parent’s right to choose how their
children are educated, let me first state that such issues are not decided, nor
is the existing law interpreted, by a Family Court Judge.

As a result, I can tell you that I believe a parent has the ultimate right in
deciding how their children are educated, whether that be by utilizing public
schools, choosing private schools, or home schooling. I have several
friends who home school their children and I see that their children are at, or
above, the education level of other children their age.


For more information on Chuck Hoskin, you can visit his website http://hoskin4judge.com/

If you know other candidates you would like me to highlight, please let me know via comment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Greta Muirhead for Clark County Family Court Judge"

I am running in the Dept. I race. I have been a family law attorney for 18 years, married 16 years and have an 11 year old son.

I have been handling Child Support/Paternity cases for 6 years as an Alternate Hearing Master and am the most frequently requested child support hearing master.

I also hear Guardianship and Domestic Violence Cases.

I bring common sense and control to the courtroom. These are attributes that are presently lacking in Dept. I.

I have several friends who homeschool their children. So long as they have the necessary skill set, I think they should be free to do so.

Please review my website: www.electgreta.com for more information about me and my opponent, Judge Cheryl Moss' record.

Thank you,

Greta Muirhead
Change is Great!